Margaret Quarter is a new Urban Revitalization Program of Budapest II. District Municipality, focusing on Margaret Boulevard and its neighborhood.
The Program aims to create a local ecosystem where community and cultural initiatives are favored in addition to quality commercial services. The Municipality encourages service providers and entrepreneurs to prioritize community and artistic values so that a diverse and lively district can develop to delight residents and visitors. The idea is to awaken the neighborhood under a unified brand name full of cultural and community values, environmental awareness, and economic sustainability.
- Supports local cultural events and activities
- Calls for applications on renting municipality-owned business premises
- Strengthens and develops local communities
- Helps residents with bureaucratic procedures
- Creates neighborhood identity by promoting local entities
- Facilitates communication between residents, businesses, and the Municipality
- Informs about investments and events in the area
- Initiates dialogue with the residents about local needs
- Organizes cultural events
We believe an urban development program can only function sustainably based on local communities. With small interventions, we aim to facilitate communication between inhabitants and authorities to improve the everyday lives of those who live and work here.
The History of Margaret Quarter
Margaret Quarter is legally born.
Budapest Autumn Festival -Margaret quarter organizes the district”s festival events, 1st, and 2nd real estate tenders.
Opening Margaret-quarter ‘Living Room’ – a community & event space, participation in the Budapest Spring Festival, 3rd real-estate tender, the launch of Társas.Ház, a condominium-, and community development program.
You can learn about them here!