What does the Hungarian Society for Urban Planning do?
The annual National Urbanism Confernce that is the most prestigious event in the Hungarian urban development and urban design since 1994. It draws the attention towards current topics ofurban developement and enhancing professional awareness-raising.
- government professionals, senior decision-makers
- independent experts, designers
- academics, researchers
- urban development corporations and regional agencies and their staff
- urban development financing institutions, organizations, banks
- settlement operation, representatives of environmental management companies
- heritage management experts
15th National Urban Conference, 29-30 October 2009., Siófok, Hotel Ezüst part
City in crisis?
16th National Urban Conference, 18-19 November 2010., Pécs, Hotel Palatinus
Economic and urban development: Major events to increase city's attractiveness
17th National Urban Conference, 13-14 October 2011., Pécs, Zsolnay Negyed, Bóbita Bábszínház
The future of urbanism
18th National Urban Conference, 11-12 October 2012., Hajdúböszörmény –Country
Town and country planning from the perspective of the rural areas
19th National Urban Conference, 17-19 April 2013., Mosonmagyaróvár
What about next year? - Change and adaptation of urbanism
20. National Urban Conference, 15 May 2014, Budapest
21. National Urban Conference, 24 April 2015, Budapest
CITY-GLOBE 2015 - Cities in Action Reflecting Global Challenges
It’s for showing and discussing with the professional community the key concepts and designs of urbanism, triggering interests, sometimes controversial urban development projects, for joint assessment of global urban knowledge application specific ways of best practices to promote and disseminate.
The most popular workshops (conducted between 2010-2012):
- Development plan of the Buda Castle
- Should there be pedestrian bridge over the Danube?
- The investment on the Bécsi Street
- The social residential quarter in Ócsa
- Intermodal hubs
- National regional development concept
3. Raising awareness Competitions and Awards
From the beginning the Hungarian Society for Urban Planners was focusing on good examples and best practices, raise awareness of the profession in addition to the wide public.
For this purpose in 1968 it founded the Hild János Award which was followed by further applications and prizes.
- Hild-János Award
- Hungarian Urbanism Medal
- Barna Gábor Award
- Public Space Renewal Award (in cooperation with the Hungarian Department of ICOMOS)
- European Urban Planning Award (as the ECTP-CEU’s Hungarian member organization)
- Diploma Award
- Regional Economic Development Award (in cooperation with the NTH)
4. Departments, Activities of Regional Groups
For the members of the Hungarian Society for Urban Planners there are open areas for professional interest and groups of territorial basis.
Organizing and conducting the European Village Development Award // Village department
Monthly workshops about current urban aesthetic projects // City Aesthetics department
Events based on the urban developments of the higher education system // Higher Education department
Society of extension events, student contest, (Újpest’s City Center, XVIII. District’s Béke tér) // Young Urbanists department
Workshops about the best practices in city heritage (for example: Management of World Heritage in Tokaj and in Pannonhalma) // Heritage Resources department
+36 1 215-5794